The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) will offer a one-hour webinar entitled "DTSA: One Year In" on May 2, 2017 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm (ET). Ken Corsello of IBM Corp., Randy Kay of Jones Day, and Bradford Newman of Paul Hastings LLP will disclose and analyze the record so far, give advice, and make predictions on the Defend Trade Secrets Act, which is celebrating its first birthday. Among the topics to be discussed are:
• Pleading requirements under the DTSA;
• Definition of trade secret and misappropriation;
• Sealing of complaints;
• Preliminary injunctions and TROs;
• How are the parallel systems of state and federal law working out in practice?
• Is the DTSA the best tool against international trade secret theft?
• Are employers implementing the mandatory disclosure of employee rights in confidentiality agreements?
• Have whistleblowers used the immunity provisions?
The registration fee for the webinar is $135 (government and academic rates are available upon request). Those interested in registering for the webinar can do so here.